Pieces of Meeks

Friday, January 13, 2006

Still Here...Still Crazy

Yesterday I had a friend ask me if I had fallen off the planet. This was due to the fact that I havent blogged in a few days. Yep, I am still here. It was a very busy weekend and week for us and I guess blogging just wasnt top priority. My parents came into town this past weekend. We always have so much fun with them and it makes us want to live closer. Probably more now than ever so that they can see Chloe grow. But God has planted us here currently and until we feel an urging from here, here we will stay. We ate at a new resturant here in town and it was a beautiful atmosphere. A little pricey in my opinion but your paying for the "ambiance". Then on Sunday, little bit got sick. It was a first in our 5 1/2 months but still no fun. I hate to see her that way. I just kept thinking of Joe and Laura and how they must hurt watching Ira fight and not being able to do anything. She got better but I missed two days of work...the two busiest days. This resulted in sheer pandemonium when I came back. Oh well! Atleast it makes me feel needed. I am beginning to see some pieces of my desk again as I sort through my tasks at hand. I am just glad peanut is better. The doctor said it had been going around and that she could have got it from day care or just being out, so we will never know...sterilize, sterilize! I changed all sheets, chloroxed everything and made sure the house was spic and span so that all germs were gone. Day care said that they do the same. I believe them. It is a wonderful place to leave your children and I feel a peace about her being there. They are so sweet to her. You cant prevent illness, she is at such a germy age because we put EVERYTHING in our mouth! I watch and watch but she will suck on her toe is she has too. We try to keep the passy in at all times but I am worried she is going to have passy withdrawl one day when it finally has to go away. She has developed such a precious and funny personality. She has always been a sweet baby and a good baby, but know she knows she is funny too. She growls at us and loves to look at herself in the mirror and talk to herself. She is enjoying her Johnny jumper and bumbo now because they make her feel BIG. She is sitting on her own and the johnny jumper allows her to stand like she is big. Needless to say it is a big diaper that hangs from a ginormous spring from inside a door, but heck, she doesnt know that and will bounce herself and scream until she falls asleep in it. We love it! Her being sick caused her sleeping pattern to get off and so she is waking up alot, but we will survive and get her back on schedule. I hope this post has sufficently updated all two of you who read these ramblings of our boring, but busy life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home