Pieces of Meeks

Sunday, January 01, 2006

First let me say congrats to our good friends who welcomed their new little boy into the world. He was the first born in our town in 2006. We are so happy for you guys! My sister told me once before Chloe got here that she was jealous I was getting to have that day...delivery day. My sister has three kids and has gone through it, so I didnt quite understand. Now I do. There is nothing like meeting your child for the first time. It is the best day of my life. I am jealous for our friends today...but really more happy for them.
Then there are those who have to meet and say goodbye to their child on the same day or shortly there after. I hurt for these people. That is all I can think to say. I physically hurt for them. Through my blogging adventures I have come in contact with two families who have had to endure more than their share of CRAP this year. One is still dealing with the emotions from loosing their little boy and the other is standing at their child's bedside watching and waiting. All I can do is pray. I feel so hopeless. I wish I could pick up Joe and Laura out of their situation and save them from more pain. As my dad put it "this is by far the most difficult thing any person will ever go through." Then I wish I could help Julie not feel that hurt anymore. But I cant I can just pray for comfort. That is one thing I realized through hearing all these stories is that God is a God of comfort. It still at times makes you feel like there is nothing right to say. You cant take away the hurt or the pain and words are just never enough. So I will keep on praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home