Pieces of Meeks

Friday, December 02, 2005

Time...What Time?

I hear myself saying that over and over again...time with laundry...I have to make it...time with my boss...I have no choice...time in my care...on the way home BUT time with my baby and my husband, that I am missing. So in an effort to make sure that I enjoy every minute of this little girls life I have made the very hard but easy decision to quit my job which I love so much. I have quit jobs I hated and I have quit jobs for another job that would be better, but I have never quit a job that I love! I love my boss, my office, the work I do, that I am respected here, that I work with great people, that I get to drive new cars all the time...There is a lot I love about my job, but what I love more than any of those things is the face of my little girl, her smile, watching her sleep, playing with her, dancing for her to make her laugh, feeding her, holding her while she sleeps. It is to hard to miss so much. It is to hard to spend three hours with her at night and spend my weekends running trying to play catch up. i feel like I am missing to much. I have heard stay at home mommies say, "it is one of the hardest jobs, but I have never regretted it." I have never heard a stay at home mommy say, "I hate this job, I hate being with my kids." I wont regret quitting my job, although I will miss it very much, but I will regret missing so much time with my baby. I sat at her four month check up yesterday and stared at this beautiful little girl, and I knew, I couldnt miss any more time with her. So pray for our family as we make this transition, pray for me as I learn to be content at home, and pray for Jeremy that he doesnt feel to much pressure from supporting his family completely. God is guiding this little family that He put together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home