Pieces of Meeks

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Thoughts...

I just watched on msn. com the "year in pictures." As always there are pictures that make you laugh and pictures that make your stomach drop, but I realized that slideshow lets you view the awesomeness of God and the devistation of Satan. There are pictures of beauty, like a farmhouse in the snow, or a sweet puppy. There are pictures of all the weather we have seen, hurricanes and wildfires. And there is pictures of war and the devistation of war. There was a picture of a little boy, probably about two, standing at his fathers funeral running toward the casket. It was crushing. It made me think of all my "blog friends" whose lives are being affected by loss... the Whaleys are missing their little Noah and I cant even imagine the hole in her heart. Kerri is dealing with her fight for her life, as well as Rick. The Hayes are at the hospital in Brooklyn because Ira cant breathe, and we just delivered a car to a woman who has terminal cancer and probably wont be here next Christmas. But as hard as all of these things are to stomach and they seem even more challenging at Christmas, the irony is that this is a season of hope. This is when our hope began as Christians. The promise was fullfilled, or futures werent in the grave. I know that thought doesnt help alot of people and I am sure for the Whaley's they just want Noah, and I know Laura Hayes just wants Ira to be healthy. But I cant help but be glad that we have hope. The Whaleys will see Noah, and Ira shows me what faithfullness is, and Kerri and Rick are the example of joy in struggles. They have the faith of Daniel. I must admit I have not really been looking forward to Christmas, but in my selfishness, I am glad my Chloe is here and healthy, that my family is not wandering hospital halls, and that Christ was born and died for me to give me hope.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger sirEller said...

awesome thoughts. it is good to see and hear that HOPE is still alive, and possible through Jesus Christ. And no better time than Christmas time, to reflect on the HOPE we have to overcome, heal, challenge and grow. I do not like pain. But recently have decided, here in my "sane" moment of no-pain, that when those trials come again, I will have HOPE. And I want those around me to hold me to that belief.
steve

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home