Pieces of Meeks

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Little Girls...

I always thought I would be the best "boy mom", I consider myself a not so girlie girl! I mean I was a cheerleader, I wore bows and have never been big on playing in the sand...but I love baseball (little, college or big league), I have spent many a Sunday at the Astrodome watching the Houston Oilers play football, I can wrestle with the best of them, and thanks to the men in my family farts dont bother me and in the correct company I dont mind competind in a good flatulence competition...not on the way to brownwood texas in a van with my whole family! :0 ButI couldnt wait to have a boy and have him in little league and pop warner football, and wrestle with him in the living room. I looked forward to J being able to teach him hunt and fish and all the fun boy things that guys get to do...but as it turns out...God thinks that I will be better prepared for a girl first. I have had to change my way of thinking a bit, but I will say there are not many color options for girl clothing...just pink...I mean whatever happened to red and lime green, those are cute colors too! But I have had to come to terms with the fact that my sweet little girl will have an innate sense to know how to roll her eyes, talk back, and have major attitude. She will be on the phone, like boys and have fights with little girls. Ugh! I am pretty sure she wont be a ballerina, if anyone has seen the way our families our built, long, lean and full of grace has never been used in any description, but there is a good chance that powerful legs and stockey build has been heard. So hopefully she will like gymnastics so that I can show her a few tricks...but I think I will be an ok girl mom, and although boys are less emotional and tend to not be as dramatic, I think we will survive and if she wants, I can show her how to properly roll her eyes to get the fullest effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home