Pieces of Meeks

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

You Have Been So Patient...Thank You

That is something I say to Chloe on a daily basis when she does good at not yelling at me while I am doing my best to get her whatever it is that she needs; i.e. juice, snack, toy...well that is what I am saying to you all for waiting while the Meeks life calmed down enough for me to blog about it.

Jeremy is successfully recovering from his surgery and we appreciate all the prayers and calls. He was anxious to get back to work and did so last Thursday. He said he is "ramped up" for a big month...sounds like salesman lingo to me. I still have to remind him that there is an open wound on his body and that he needs to take it slow. It seems he is good at taking it slow on things like cleaning the kitchen, helping with laundry or fixing himself a plate, but seems to feel just fine for work or play. Guess that is a man thing.

During the time after surgery my old boss and I discussed me coming back to work JUST 3 days a week. I was planning on putting Chloe in pre school/Mothers day out anyways because I feel like it being just her and I after three months that she needs that interaction and the schedule. Not everyday, all the time...but it seems to work for her to have something that she can "go do." I guess she is like me in that regard. I am liking being back. I also went back last Thursday. I was really excited to wear all my shoes that I havent got to wear in a while. Like I said, only three days a week and I have off Fridays, so that gives me a good long weekend to travel and see family and friends. It also keeps me sain and gives me a little fun money to do some shopping with. This might not work for all families...but it does for ours.

Everyone is healthy again and we feel so blessed to have Jeremy's ordeal behind us! Chloe is silly and cute as can be. We have so much fun playing with her. She loves the zoo and does the cutest fish and giraffe impression. Her elephant impression is a little sketchy but we hope the more she watches her buddy Ethan she will get it. Her hair is getting longer and longer everyday and I have run out of things to do with it. She likes to pick out her bows in the morning and if I dont pull it up she gets mad that there is no bow.

This is life in the Meeks house. Pretty much back to normal. I will post pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home