Pieces of Meeks

Sunday, December 31, 2006

At Wits End

Here I sit on a lovely Sunday afternoon and what do I get to hear...the screaming of my angry child coming from the other room. She is not sad, she is flat out mad!!! M A D...mad! What, you ask, might cause this sweet little girl to be so angry at the world? NAPTIME!!! Lord, please help us all when nap time approaches at the Meeks house. It has been almost a month since I started staying at home and most of the time I find myself loving it, except at naptime. You see...we were on a great schedule, a short morning nap and a longer afternoon nap. It was working great for us. Then we were set to go on a trip to Hawaii with my mom and dad and whole family for their thirty fifth wedding anniversiary. All in all, the trip was great but the flights were long and Chloe got very used to her new schedule of short naps and alot of fun and entertainment provided by her cousins. This has posed a problem ever since we got back. She doesnt want to nap now, she wants to play all day long. Not that I dont love playing with her, but you see, after she has been awake all day long she because somewhat of a whiney butt which is not fun for Daddy when he gets home. So we are fighting the good fight and it seems as of right now her room has gotten quiet. Who knows though she could be digging a hole out of her bed or scaling her way out. I asked God to give her J's teeth and hair but I apparantly forgot to ask for his temperment and she got blessed with my "fight".

Dear God...if it isnt to late can her give her her daddies temperment...sorry I forgot to ask earlier.

And to my mom and dad, I apologize ten times over for the times that I put you through this...Bless you for not beating me.

So any suggestions on this nap thing is greatly appreciated but for now I will fight the good fight.
I will post pictures and blog about our trip but for now I have to get some stuff done while she actually is napping.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM , Blogger Allison said...

I totally understand what you mean about getting off schedule. Some people just don't get how important the daily schedule is with your children. I find when I let Hudson go visit his grandparents for a few days that I am "begging" them to put him down at a specific time for his naps and bed time. Of course when he comes back to me I have to spend 2 weeks of torture to get him back on schedule. After serious persistence he finally is back on our great schedule.

So my advice is...don't give up. She'll get back into the normal swing of things! Until then, don't pull all your hair out!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home