Pieces of Meeks

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Webster Says...

Yesterday I was reminded that my new job will require me to be more subservient. Who would have thought the car business can teach you Christian traits. But infact it is true! As I continue to try to figure out the "business world" I am forever reminded that those things that God ask us to be will help us out in our career's as well. So I begin to wonder...Really wonder...What subservient meant. Well my dad gave me the best definition, like a soldier to his country, humble, willing to serve, without ego. Wow! That is what God asks me to be in every aspect of my life, as a mom, as a wife, as a child, as an employee, as a Christian and a child of God. So when I read what Webster had to say, "a servant in an inferior position" I begin to think he didn't have it all figured out. Subservient has a negative sound to it, but I don't think it is. I think it is an honor to serve people and a great characteristic to be humble. So maybe if I would have listened better as a child, and listened...Really listen to what the be attitudes say, I would be better off. Now if I could just get that patience thing down...But for now I will work on being subservient in every aspect of my life, from the car business to the mommy business.

4 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

I hear you ran into my in-laws. They think you are wonderful! Chloe is so very beautiful! I am glad that you have a job you love, a wonderful husband, and a precious daughter. You are truly blessed!

 
At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Myspace.com and get in touch will people you might have lost through the years and see what everyone is up too! Enter Search and the Zip code for the area you are searching and find anyone instantly!

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Cara said...

Hey Katie!
It is so good to hear from you. I was wondering what you have been up to as well. Your daughter is gorgeous. What are you guys doing in Abilene? I am a teacher outside Austin, and I love it esp. the summers off. I would love to catch up with you as well.
-Cara

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Allison said...

KATIE! HI!! I was thrilled when I saw your comment! Chloe is precious precious precious!! I love the bows and girly clothes! I need to meet this little girl, and so does Hudson! Please tell Jeremy hello from Matt and I too! I hope yall are doing great! Keep in touch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home