Pieces of Meeks

Monday, February 20, 2006

Ever Been TO Scared to Pray?

Normally, being the happy person I am, I try to blog about fun, silly or eventful things in our lives, but today I feel the overwhelming need to ask a question...Have you ever been to scared to pray? I know that sounds stupid. You are probably thinking to yourself, "hey stupid it should be easier to pray when you are scared." Well here is what brought this question about. God has really been working on my heart, trying to bring me closer to him, to where I need to be. This I know will help me be a better wife, mom, friend...a better a lot of things. But I have decided that I stay detached because I have to many questions. I want to ask God things that I know there is now understanding too. I have always been frustrated with that. Some things are big and some things are just big to me. What brought this feeling on full force was reading Joe and Laura Hays blog. First let me share briefly the story...Ira is almost a year, and for almost ALL of that year he has spent his life in the PICU or NICU. This makes me angry. No child should live this way. I grieve that this little boy doesnt get to sit in his house and play with is toys. But what bothers me and frustrates me more is that he has been sedated and restrained since December 24th. This is done for his own benefit so that he doesnt pull his tube out. This means since December 24th this child has not been held by his mother or father. On Wednesday they are extubating him, to give him a chance to breath on his own, if this works he can be unsedated and be held. I want to cry out from every ounce of me that this goes well and that Ira breaths and that all is well, but I AM SCARED. Scared of being let down and knowing that if this doesnt work that he will have a tracheostomy and that is unreal and will be devastating for Joe and Laura. So how do you pray when you are scared. When the outcome could crush your heart. I know that He knows I am scared. But I plead with God to give this little boy a full breath. Let him be healed by you. Sustain Joe and Laura. Just let him breathe!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home