Pieces of Meeks

Friday, May 12, 2006

Something I am Tired Of

I am exhausted. My body is having a hard time gearing up and getting going in the morning, and I need a boost of energy. Having a job, a nine month old, and a husband takes its toll on a mommy. But more than just the day to day there is one in particular thing I am tired of, and since I have refrained from using my blog to gripe and complain since I had Chloe, well the time has come. If you are not really in the mood to hearing me complain I suggest you visit this website, thefuguas.org, they have a really cute video of the sweetest little boy you have ever seen...but today my blog is for griping.

So here it goes...just because someone doesnt come out and say it a comment like this means the same thing..."I would just NEVER put my child in day care." Ok now to all stay at home moms, let me first say, my hat is off to you! You have a very hard job and it is even harder that you are alone all day. So let me say I applaud you for your strength. With that said, as a working mom, I am not taking the easy road. Infact, I believe at times I choose the harder road. To have everyone dressed, packed and out the door by 7:45 takes alot, and to do it everyday takes even more. Then to come home at night and play, cook dinner, bathe, feed, and put to bed everyone at a decent hour can really take its toll. When people (mostly women) say to me, I would never...I want to ask, what they heck is so wrong with it. My child loves "school". She is happy, well adjusted, socially "mature", she has learned to share, crawl, talk, and laugh. She does not sit and stare into an oblivion, barf all the time, cry profusly, or look like an unhappy. My child has not been in any way damaged by day care. Some people dont understand what my job gives me. Most people do a job because they have to, not because they want to. I WANT TO. I LOVE TO. I love my job, not more than my baby, but I love my job. So people stop giving me your opinion on how I have it easy, or how I am a "bad mom" because I think some day cares are ok. It is not like I leave her in a card board box in the utility room all day. She has wonderful care givers. So there is my gripe. I feel a little better. I actually feel a little more rejuvinated. Thanks blog land for letting me vent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home