Pieces of Meeks

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Struggling today...

It was SO hard to drop her off this morning at day care, all though she didnt seem to mind as she flopped fast asleep in her crib that I have equipped with stuffed animals and blankies that smell like home. My dad has always told me to do what I feel I have peace from the Lord about, but honestly I dont know what I feel a peace about when it comes to this issue. I feel sad and melancholy about leaving her all day...ALL DAY!! I feel irritated that someone else gets to enjoy my baby all day and that they probably dont enjoy but just care for. But I feel anxious and fearful about giving up an entire income, car and gas and insuranace. It just feels like alot when you start to take it all away and I am just left at home. I love my job and the income, but I definately love my baby more. It is just a daily struggle. I pray and I pray and I dont feel an answer from the Lord yet. Maybe no answer is the answer. Maybe the peace is that I can continue to take her to work and not worry about her since I feel good about the day care she is at. Sometimes I just wish my phone would ring and God would be on the other end and say, "ok Katie here is what I want you to do. This is the best thing for your life." But I just have to listen for that still small voice and hope that I am hearing it correctly. Right now I feel like I am even though I miss her little cheeks and her smell and her cute smiles that she has started giving me and listening to her coo and talk to me. She is such a sweet little happy baby, with the exception from about 9-10:30 every night when she just wants to be held constantly...but I really dont mind that either. I couldnt ask for more and the Lord has blessed me so much with my beautiful family and a wonderful job and employer, maybe that is the peace. All is well and good and I should say thank you and that be enough of an answer. Who knows...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home