Pieces of Meeks

Monday, September 26, 2005

On the road again...I can wait...

We just came back from another weekend out of town. It was fun but admitedly more stressful for me. I wasnt "at home" in my old house with my parents so I always feel a bit disjointed at others peoples homes. Chloe girl had her 8 weeks shots on Thursday as well and so she was still a bit fussy and uncomfortable especially with all the people around that wanted to hold her and all the running around it was hard for her to relax. It also changed her eating patter which always worries me a bit when my good little eater becomes a little bit finicky. But last night after we got home Jeremy fed her a full bottle and some cereal which she thouroghly enjoyed and after a big burp she laid happily in her bed and fell asleep while mommy worked putting away all of her goddies from her very prosperous baby shower.
It was actually very sweet when I laid her down and made me feel good that she recognizes her room. Last weekend I finally got to see the beautiful and so precious quilt that my moms best friend made BY HAND for Chloe. It has the most beautiful fabrics and the most preciouse puppy with floppy ears. I could stand folding and putting it way where we couldnt admire it so I hung it so that puppy is hanging in her crib and she can look at all the bright colors. Last night after I changed her crib sheet and got all of her new stuffed animals position back in her bed I laid her down and she looked all around her bed, saw her quilt, breathed deeply and fell into a deep sleep until this morning. I think it was ultimate relief to be back in her bed. I knew how she felt though. I was so glad to be back in my house with my kitchen and bathroom and space. I am a homebody which I can thank my dad for, as he is one too. So getting back to my house is always a relief for me, and now even more with a little one.
As I said earlier she had a shower this weekend but I feel terrible because in all the comotion I forgot to take a picture of her in her shower dress. It was the cutest Ralph Lauren dress I got for $9.50 on sale...(go me) It was green stripped with smocking with little pink roses. It had two layers with a little lining so it made it full and a little white collar. She looked like the sweetest little angel baby. The preacher at the church said he wanted to eat her cheeks off...I understand James. That poor baby has me attached to those little cheeks all the time. Infact I think that is what I miss most while I am at work. Sucking her little cheeks, while breathing her sweet little lavendar smell in. Oh babies are great!
Well back at work on another manic monday and lunch is now officially over. So I must return to my design work. Happy Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home