Pieces of Meeks

Friday, May 23, 2008

Multiple Choice

I said I was set on it. I said I wasn't changing my mind. BUT, I am a woman and it is my prerogative to do so. After many sleepless nights because I was not "in love" with my sons name I have decided to consider other options. I love the name Tucker. I have like that name forever and think it is so cute. My problem comes with my OCD personality. I love the name Jarod too, but I don't like it being his first name. "Okay, so switch it." Well it doesn't sound the same to me. I just don't like it as much. So in order to appease my personality and my ear I have come up with five new choices- some familial and some that I just like the sound of- and since my husband has decided as long as I name him Tucker he doesn't care I am reaching out to blog land for guidance and opinions. No feelings will be hurt just cast your vote. Chloe is named after my grandmother. I love her name and it warms my heart. I want the same for him. A name is so important. He will carry it all his life so I need help making sure he has a name he can be proud of ( and of course sounds good over the loud speakers at Yankee stadium- "now up to bat, catcher, Tucker Meeks" you see where I am going with that.) It has to be good initials, look pretty monogrammed and something a girl will want to say, "I am dating Tucker Meeks, you know the quarter back." So cast your vote here and help a crazy pregnant lady out. I mean we are two months away people- the monogramming must commence!


a. Tucker Everett (Everett is my dad's middle name- he hates this name, but I would be proud if my son carried a piece of him around)

b. Tucker Emerson (my grandmother's maiden name)

c. Tucker Hayes (just think it is pretty)

d. Tucker Cole (just think it is pretty)

e. Tucker Zachary ( my little brothers name- again so proud for him to wear)

It is up to you blog land! I will let you know the outcome.

8 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Blogger Allison said...

My favorite is A. I think Everett is such a different name, but I LOVE that it is after your daddy and his grandaddy. I am such a sentimental person and love the meaning behind a name. I also like the name "Rett". I knew a really great guy named Rett..and spelled that way too. That's an option as well. Any middle name will be cute with Tucker. Such a great name!!!

 
At 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going with Tucker Zachary

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Jacquie said...

A. What happened to Jarod, I figured after reading the top that would be one option!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger summer said...

I really like the sound of Tucker Everett Meeks. It sounds strong and it has significance to your family. I also like the 2 syllable, 2 syllable, 1 syllable rhythm.They are all really good though. Good luck deciding!

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

my vote is B...but I really like them all!

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger AmberLB said...

I like Tucker Everett the best. It's a strong, beautiful name with history. And you daddy will like his middle name more, knowing that Tucker carries it!

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Kara said...

I really like Tucker Hayes, but it sounds weird with two names ending in 's'. (Hayes Meeks)sooo...maybe Everett is better. i am the wrong person to ask. we changed the names of our boys up to 2 weeks before the boys were born.

 
At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is Tucker Everett after your dad. I say stick with the family name! I agree with the two syllable names.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home