Pieces of Meeks

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Time to Start Again

When I was pregnant with Chloe I journaled alot of it through my blog. It consisted mainly of me griping about my indegestion or growing waistline, but nonetheless it was a journal of my pregnancy with her. I feel like I should do this for baby number two as well, although I feel that this journal will take on a different shape. Having been through pregnancy before the morning sickness has not come as a big surprise -or in my case morning, afternoon and night- and neither is the idea that in a few months my body will take on a whole new appearance, and with round one running happily around the house as a beautiful, silly two and a half year old those things that seemed so "annoying" during the first pregnancy, now seem to be- well- worth it! So I can see this new pregnancy journal taking on the thoughts and feelings I am having as i am about to do this whole mommy thing again.

As I look at Chloe it is hard to remember her as that tiny little baby I brought home that Saturday in July, and yet at the same time it seems like it was yesterday. It took me a few weeks to get balanced out on work and mommy life and it has taken me longer to get both being a working woman and a mom to happily coexsist together. For us- so far- this mix has worked for our family and just before I found out baby number two was in route I was telling J how I felt like I had this under control. I knew what I was doing and minor hiccups in the schedules of the day didnt seem to make a difference anymore. I had found the energy, the desire and the ability to "do all I need to do" to be a good mom, wife and employee. Then God laughed and said, then it is time for round 2!

It is hard to believe that we are doing this all again, and I know to some two children, three years apart seems like a cake walk (Kara, Leslie, Hannah, Allison...the list goes on) but it is hard to believe that I will be a mother of two and it is hard to believe that this time could all be different and that it wont be Chloe we bring home again. It will be a completely new ballgame with a completely new child. One who could possible be- not as healthy as Chloe or who has a senstive gag reflex- Chloe has never thrown up (knock on wood) So this time around I imagine this journal will be more about what our family of three will be like as a family of four. I am excited, happy and blessed- but I am also a little sad to be giving up our little family of three, I am nervous about what baby number two will challege me with and I find it almost mind boggling that I could love another child the way I love our first little one.

So dear readers (which I have found out from the previous entry there are more of you than I realized- lurkers!) bear with me over the next nine months as I get ready for the challenge as a mommy of TWO! Dont worry- you will be rewarded with pictures.

7 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Blogger Mauri said...

you are going to be so GREAT with TWO little ones! How fun! I just hope you are feeling better soon!

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

I've been out of the loop for a while with holiday vacations and such. So, though it may be late, CONGRATULATIONS! I know you will do wonderful with two little ones. Hopefully the yucky first trimester woes will leave you soon.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger leslie said...

1. Again, I am so excited for you.
2. It is nothing short of AMAZING how God just doubles the love you have for double the children. It's awesome.
3. It won't be a cakewalk. But it is a blessing. One that is so fun to walk through.
4. Anytime you want to come over and see the real circus - it may make you feel better about things.

Praying for you!!

 
At 6:44 AM , Blogger Carissa said...

I loved reading your entries about your pregnancy with Chloe. When I first found your blog, I went back and read from day one. I love that you shared your joys and your struggles with all of the changes happening to you and your family of two at that time. Now, as your family grows from 3 to 4, I can't wait to keep up with your progress.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Jacquie said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys!

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger SassySisters said...

can you email me please- it is about adoption

marahmimbs@yahoo.com

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

Congratulations!! I know this child will be loved and you will be blessed by this child. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and the morning sickness ends soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home