Pieces of Meeks

Monday, October 22, 2007

"Quick, Quick!"

That is the statment that Chloe makes to me when she is wanting to do something that I dont want her to do, i.e., "Chloe don't go outside to give the dogs a treat, you will get dirty and we are running late." To which she replies, "Momma, I will be real quick quick." I feel as though this scenario could also play out something like this, "Chloe don't grow up, please stay my little girl forever." "But momma, it will be real quick, quick." And it is....


Chloe is almost two and a half, and as I look back I cant figure out where it has gone. What is even worse, is that my two year old doesnt act like a baby, she acts like a 16 year old. I remember telling Jeremy, that when Chloe is three or so I would like to have another baby...well three is almost here, and I just cant be ready. Not because I dont want another baby, but because as soon as that baby is here, this precious time with our first born all by herself is gone.


It is bittersweet to watch your child grow up. I never quite knew why my parents couldnt just "let go", but now I do. Even though she has only been with us a short two years, she has changed our lives forever. Her smiles, her dancing, the converstations we get to have at dinner, everything has changed. I had to call Jeremy the other day at work to let him know that Chloe had poo pooed in the pottie twice that day. He said what I was thinking, "wow how our phone calls have changed." Chloe has changed everything. She has made me feel more love that I ever thought I could. Love for her, love for her daddy. It is easy to love your children, but when you see how the man you marry loves her and will try his hardest to fix the hair bow at the football game, or will walk so that she can better see the cheerleaders despite the fact it is not the best view of the game, or hold her little hands as she says her prayers; you find a love with him like you have never known. Jeremy is the best daddy. He will forego hunting, to shoe shop and spend his Friday nights playing "Baby Stella" instead of watching ESPN.


Life is forever changed, and as Chloe would say it all happened so "quick, quick." There are times before Chloe was born that I wonderend how would be married for 50 years, and times that I was scared of the next months trying to figure out marriage, but after Chloe I can imagine being the mommy of any other little girl, or the wife of any other copier salesman. I just wish it didnt have to go so "quick, quick."


This weekend was our alma mater's homecoming and she loved the game, the cheerleaders and the idea of seeing where mommy and daddy went to school. Never before in the last 4 years have I been proud of where I went to school. I mean I liked college and all, but I didnt bleed purple and white. Until this weekend, when we stood on the campus where I met my little girls father and we began our life together. A life that God has not only saved, at times, but has blessed more than I ever deserve. As we swung on the swing last night, it was almost to much to take in. I am the luckiest woman in the world.


Here is a picture of our little wildcat....she is showing you her paw print, with the signature Chloe smile. And just a teaser, she will be starting gymnastics in January, so as you can imagine there will be alot more great picture to come, i.e., Chloe in a leotard!

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM , Blogger summer said...

Sweet post, Katie.

 
At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great weekend. Chloe is absolutely precious!

 
At 5:56 AM , Blogger Carissa said...

What a sweet post! It does seem like everything happens "quick,quick" doesn't it?

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

You are so right, time just flies by with our little ones. I remember the hard days I thought would never end when Nathan was so little. But now, I would like to go back just for a few minutes and hold the tiny little baby he used to be. They are amazing, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home