Pieces of Meeks

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Under Pressure

You know that song. I love it. I mean I love the beat and all of that. When it comes on the radio in the car I cant help but bob my head along with it. Just because I love the song doenst mean I like the way it feels to be "under pressure."

Things with Tucker seem good. No huge changes and we are still planning on him at the beginning of August. Chloe is excited to have him here, but I think I am allowing other things to steal my joy of this fun time. We STILL havent sold the house. I understand all the "facts", we arent selling in a "desireable" price range, it is big and the market is so slow here, but that doesnt mean that I am happy about it. A few months ago when we had the FULL PRICE OFFER in one week after it was on the market, and then it all fell through 4 days before our move, we just felt like we were making the right decision. Surely the house will sell so quickly. It is a great house, with great charm and character. If someone would have told me this is where we would be, I would do everything differently. And I HATE THAT!

I think of myself as pretty business savy, smart, and I am not a risk taker at all. I let myself take a risk that I now regret and because of this one thing I cant let myself enjoy anything else. I stress over budgets and bills. I am angry that is cost so stinking much to have a baby and annoyed that I have to pay an extra $350 for him to be circumcised. I want to decorate his room (or atleast start) yet I will not let myself spend the money and that is frustrating.

Please excuse the vent...I know that there are greater, much more sad things going on in the world, but today I had to get it off my chest. No cutsie, smushy "the baby is coming" blog. There are just alot of things out there in my little world that seem to be pressing in and stealing my joy. In Exodus God leads the people through the wilderness, He parts the red sea, yet when they are standing needing a drink of fresh water and all there is, is a bitter drink, they get mad and forget what he had done for them. Maybe this is what I am doing- NO! This is what I am doing. I am allowing Satan to push me to be mad, and steal my joy- forgetting all the time what God has done for me and my little family, and that he has always provided. I guess I will work on finding the joy in the small things until the big things are under control!

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

I'd say it's better to vent and get things off your chest and out of your head before it truly affects you. You have a lot going on right now and venting is totally acceptable. VENT AWAY!

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Katie,

I was so glad you linked to your blog on our page! All our cute clothes are made by Mike's mom. I know, we are so lucky! And I think it is super sweet to know you are pregnant. Even though dealing with infertility is personally no fun, I NEVER begrudge anyone else's blessing of chldren. My sister-in-law is pregnant right now too, and I think it is more fun when someone else is pregnant. You get to enjoy all the excitement without the morning sickness and swollen ankles! I look forward to keeping up with your pregnancy and your family. Good luck, and God Bless!
Shannon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home