Pieces of Meeks

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving, Baby Blessings and 4 Months...

Life at the Meeks house is hopping as usual- we are now just hoping around Christmas decorations. Last week for Thanksgiving we enjoyed our little family of four in pajamas all day, with a fire in the fireplace. I cooked a small, scaled down meal with turkey, sweet potatoe casserole, mashed potatoes and rolls. I used a recipe from Tyler Florence from the Food Network and it was awesome! It was so nice to just spend time and our house enjoying the kiddos.

On Saturday Jeremy's mom and dad came in town. I went shopping at Target (after black Friday) I didnt want to shop but my huge baby boy is in some 6 month but mostly 9 month clothing. My sweet friend Summer gave us all of her little boys cute cute stuff since she had precious Addie, and I am so lucky for that. Had I bought him clothes like I did Chloe I would be in so much trouble. Chloe was always true to, or behind in size. She is still such a petite little thing her brother is going to catch her. So luckily we have Ethan's stuff and I have added to it as I needed to. I would have been totally off on seasons had I bought to early for him. So I got some good deals at Target- although Carters is always a pretty good deal for cute comfy baby clothes.

Then on Sunday we had his baby blessing at church. Have you ever had one of those moments where you are so overwhlemed you feel your throat well up and you feel like you could burst out laughing and crying all at the same time. That is what Sunday was like for me. To see my sweet little girl so proud of her little brother march up on that stage, and then to hold a perfect little boy and to see our congregation pray over his little life is such an overwhelming thing for me. I love the part in the prayer where our preacher says " and we pray for his tiny lips and anxiously await the day when they profess you as Lord." I mean isnt that what every mommy prays for. A healthy child- yes, a sweet spouse- yes, college, success, the list goes on and on, but salvation and knowing Jesus love- what a burdensome prayer that is as a mother. Wanting your child to so badly know salvation. I just love that piece of the prayer.

Today- our little man has been with us four months. Although my rear end size still thinks it has only been three days!! He has changed and is the most pleasant, sweet and smiley little boy. I cant help but kiss him 100 times and almost suck his cheeks off when I do. His sister loves to "hold" him. I hope babies can feel love, because this little boy is so loved. Our life is sweeter everyday with the two of them. (Remind me I said this when the teenage years hit)

Chloe is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa - and snow. YIKES!! Last year we were in Ruidoso at Christmas and there was snow that entire week- a Texas Christmas might be a little disappointing! Either way- Santa will come through. She assures us she is a good little girl. And one of her requests is "chalk for her Tweezle." (That is an easle!!!)

We are loving life and feel blessed. It is hard as a mother to not worry and panic and pray every moment for their safety, but I know the Lord will take care and provide no matter what peak or valley we are in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home