Pieces of Meeks

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Great Day for a Picnic

Today it was a beautiful 84 degrees in lovely Abilene Texas. After enjoying breakfast at IHOP with my sweet husband we went and ran some errands to Home Depot, which I must say I am sadly disappointed in our Home Depot store. It is very small and doesnt have a whole lot of selection, although they do have a better nursey than Lowes, when it comes time to plant our spring flowers on our beautiful new patio. They are SUPPOSED to start our patio this week, which is, I'm sure, a hollow promise, but today J and I enjoyed lunch on our little patio that is there right now. It was so nice, but it made me wish for the new one to be built soon.
We also went to Target and got me a big tub for some regular clothes, like my work suits that dont fit and my jeans so that I could replace them with some new work clothes...maternity style. I went to Motherhood and got almost all the black pants they had and a really cute green suit and some other cute "essentials" that I can mix and match. I am looking forward to having to dress for work again. It motivates me and makes me a better employee when I feel professional.
Well I had just written all this other stuff but some how highlighted and deleted to quickly and lost all of the very important things I had just said. I miss my nephew today, we saw some baby ponies and I wished he was there, then at Tractor Supply we saw baby ducks and I wished he was there. The ducks were so cute, but that just proves that God makes all babies cute and then they can grow into big gross birds. He is such a sweet little joy...Nick, not the duck. There is this Billy Dean song out on the radio called, "Let them be little" and I heard it and started to cry because I realized, that until my brother gets married and has children (small chuckle) that will probably be the last time I have one of my siblings sweet little children sleeping in the middle with me. I know Chloe is on the way, but with them, I have always been cool Aunt Kate. I just realized he is getting so big!My bro and sis and her precious children are so special. That is what I miss most about living in San Antonio...Zach and Aim...it is like the three amigos have been seperated. Although I would like to say, I was the amigo that ran away when they ganged up on me and called me Big Fat Maria, a name which unfortunately has stuck and it probably about to be more true than I want it to be. Just for the record...to my Dad...if he is reading this...the last paragraph proves that I can write without attitude sometimes, and I would like to remind you that there can be no attitude worse than that of years 16-approximately 19...when, I am pretty sure, if gypsies would have come to Boerne and offerd to buy me, I would have been sold for a very cheap price! :) Well to my family who is 3 1/2 hours away from me tonight, I am having shepherds pie and wished yall were here to join me, but give each other a hug for me...and Amy let Nick sleep in the middle for just a little while for me! I miss yall and love you...all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home